Alberta Premier Jason Kenney announced Tuesday that starting Wednesday, all Albertans 75 and up, plus all Indigenous Albertans, will be eligible for third COVID shots six months after second doses. Kenney said he's awaiting further guidance on "broadening" booster shots to other segments of the population.

Acknowledging Thanksgiving gatherings spiked COVID cases last year, he added: "We simply cannot afford a repeat scenario." The province will not permit social gatherings for unvaccinated residents but said vaccinated households could gather with other household members.

Kenney also announced the outdoor gathering limit dropped from 200 people to 20.

Education Minister Adriana LaGrange said starting Wednesday, Alberta Health Services will report the name of each school with at least two COVID cases, bringing back a policy Alberta used last year.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.